Improved Oil Discharge Monitoring solutionJune 3, 2019
We are proud to announce that VAF Instruments’ high end solution for Oil Discharge Monitoring, the Oilcon® Mark6M, has been updated and is ready for delivery as of today. The modified design has undergone all TA tests succesfully and we have received the official certificate.
The name of this new version will remain to be Mark6, since it is not completely different but it does have some significant upgrades. Therefore it can be very easily put in place for situations where the previous one was designed. Main reasons for the new design are:
- Less dependent from suppliers, leading to more in-house manufacturing
- Replacement of obsolete electronics
- Ready for future regulations
Major changes are:
- New EPU with new electronics and integrated solenoid valves.
- New window wash pump, which will be manufactured in house. We are less depending on suppliers, and the design is ready for future Ex-regulations.
- New combined needle valve / Flowmeter, which will also be manufactured in house.
- Impeller made from different material (bronze with DLC coating), which is already in production