VAF Instruments BV processes your personal data carefully, safely and reliably. We consider it important to have you trust our organisation. That is why we do everything possible to protect your privacy. The rules for protecting your privacy are laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) while the Dutch Data Protection Authority supervises the compliance with this law. VAF Instruments BV operates within the framework of the law.
The structure of the privacy statement
This document explains which personal data we process and for which purposes we do this. It also lists the services for which we process the data and the legal ground that permits us to do so. It also elaborates on sharing with other parties as well as processing your personal data outside of the EU. The protection of personal data is addressed together with the usage of retention periods. Finally, a section is added about which rights you have and the option of submitting a complaint or contacting VAF Instruments BV.
Who is the controller?
VAF Instruments BV, located in Dordrecht on 24 Vierlinghstraat, is the controller responsible for processing the personal data.
Officer for data protection
VAF Instruments BV has decided not to appoint an officer for the protection of data. That is because we do not process exceptional personal data on a large scale.
What are personal data?
Personal data are all the data that can be traced back to a single person. Examples as such are your name, address, telephone number and account number, as well as photos and biometric data.
Are you obliged to provide personal data?
Sometimes we are obliged to save or provide certain personal data related to you. In most cases, it is necessary to use certain personal data in order to offer you a service or product that you purchase from us. In that case, we use the data necessary for the contract or the pre-contractual phase.
In such cases, you are obliged to provide us with the data; otherwise we cannot meet our legal and/contractual obligations.
How do we gather your personal data?
VAF Instruments BV gathers your personal date in the following ways:
- If you communicate this data directly to us by e-mail, letter or telephone.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter.
- If you (or a third party on your behalf) provide us with personal data in another manner, for example by means of a contract concluded with us, by providing information via our website, by giving us your business card or by applying to us for a job vacancy. This might also include exceptional personal data.
Which personal data categories do we use?
We use the following personal data categories related to you:
Your first and last name, gender, title, function, e-mail address, telephone number, the name of the company/the organisation that employs you and any other data that you provide us.
For which purposes do we use your data?
We use the aforementioned personal data for the purposes listed below:
- Marketing and Business Development activities;
- Implementing concluded contracts;
- Processing job applications;
- To contact you if you ask a question or enter a remark via our website.
Based on which legal foundations do we use your personal data?
We process your personal data based on one or more legal foundations listed below.
For certain additional products and services, we first ask for your explicit consent before we gather personal data. VAF Instruments BV registers and retains this consent. You can always retract your consent.
VAF Instruments BV uses contracts for the providing its services and products. Before a contract is generated, the customer is registered in the system; this is indicated as a pre-contractual phase. The legal foundation for agreements also applies to the pre-contractual phase.
VAF Instruments BV also gathers personal data to be able to comply with legal obligations.
Mostly for carrying out tasks by a governing body.
An interest is considered legitimate if the processing is necessary for carrying out our business activities. An example of this is carrying out the personnel administration.
Automated individual decisions
VAF Instruments BV does not use automated individual decisions, because this is not essential for our services. This means, for example, that VAF Instruments BV does not create profiles.
Do we share data with other parties?
In some cases, we provide other parties with data that you have given us.
Take for example external parties that assist us by sending direct mailing or the organisation of a trade fair. We also share personal data if we are legally obliged to do so or within the framework of an agreement.
Is your data sent outside of the EU?
VAF Instruments BV abides by a principle of processing the personal data only within the EU. Given that the GDPR applies within the EU, in principle, we can always ensure an appropriate protection level.
How do we protect your data?
Protecting personal data is very important, which is why VAF Instruments BV makes sure to use various techniques and organisational measures to ensure that this data is not misused in any way or winds up in the wrong hands. If we send your personal data to other organisations, such as our processing partners, then we make sure that these organisations abide by the same standards.
How long do we retain your data?
We save your data not longer than necessary for meeting the purposes mentioned in this privacy statement.
What are your rights?
VAF Instruments BV considers it important that you are able to exercise the rights provided to you by law. That is why it is very easy to contact us via the website. At the bottom of each page of our website you can send questions or enter comments.
You may exercise the following rights:
- The right to inspect: You have the right to inspect which of your personal data we process.
- The right to correct: If the personal data that we got from you is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected.
- The right to remove: If we no longer need your personal data for the purpose that we have initially received it, you have the right to request that we remove this data. A number of exceptions apply to this, such as our obligation to save certain data, for example for the tax authority.
- The right to set a limit: You have the right to request that we set a limit to the processing during the period in which we are busy determining whether your data needs to be rectified, determining the legal ground for processing your data, determining whether your data must be removed or if you have submitted an objection against the processing.
- The right to data portability: Upon your request, we have to transfer all your personal data that is in our possession to you or to another organisation of your choice. You may use this right only if the data is processed based on consent or agreement.
- The right of opposition: If we process the data based on legitimate interest or general interest, it is possible to submit an objection, which will be followed by a weight of benefits. In the case of direct marketing, you are always entitled to submit your opposition.
Submitting complaints to the competent authority: Data Protection Authority
VAF Instruments BV considers it important to have satisfied customers. Even if we do our best to achieve this, it might happen that you are dissatisfied. If this concerns the protection of your personal data, it is possible to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority via: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How can you get in touch with us?
If you have questions, a complaint or a comment, please contact us via the contact form in our website or phone us on +31 (0)78-6183100.